Microservices Patterns With Envoy Sidecar Proxy: Part I
This blog is looking deeper at Envoy Proxy and Istio.io and how it enables a more elegant way to connect and manage microservices. Follow me @christianposta to stay up with these blog post releases. I think the flow for what I cover over the next series will be something like:
- What is Envoy Proxy, and how does it work?
- How to implement some of the basic patterns with Envoy Proxy.
- How Istio Mesh fits into this picture.
- How Istio Mesh works, and how it enables higher-order functionality across clusters with Envoy.
- How Istio Mesh auth works.
Part I – Circuit Breaking With Envoy Proxy
This first blog post introduces you to Envoy Proxy’s implementation of circuit-breaking functionality. These demos are intentionally simple so that I can illustrate the patterns and usage individually. Please download the source code for this demo and follow along!
via DZone.com Feed https://dzone.com
May 28, 2017 at 10:39AM